Monday, April 20, 2009

Losing milk teeth?

About 1 week ago my 5 yr old son bit into an apple and complained of pain. After examination i noticed his bottom front tooth was wiggling a bit. I just assumed that he had started losing his milk teeth and we all got excited about it.


I have noticed since then that his tooth has discolored, and is wiggling more and more. I thought discoloration was a sign of trauma, and not losing milk teeth.


Am I wrong, and this is in fact normal? Or should I be worried?

Losing milk teeth?
Probably not trauma, At 5 many kids are losing their teeth.


By the time the tooth comes out, it is little more that a shell. the root has been resorbed and the inside of the tooth is dead so the discoloration comes from the tissue left inside the little shell. Since it bled, that tissue is probably stained with blood. So the discoloration really is coming from the inside of the tooth. With some wiggling, it should come out soon.
Reply:It could be trauma. My daughter had an accident with her tooth when she was a baby and the dentist said to keep an eye on it to make sure that it didn%26#039;t go completely rotten. The likelihood of the trauma affecting then adult teeth are slim, but it might be worth a check up.



Java and C++

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net