Friday, July 31, 2009

Is there such a thing as phantom pain after losing one's teeth?

My DH was complaining of pain today---the area is where they pulled all of his teeth last summer. Should he be having any kind of pain there now?

Is there such a thing as phantom pain after losing one's teeth?
oh yes, definately! My dentist said that it takes about 3 months for the bone and root connection of where a tooth is removed to heal, but some people can sometimes have phantom pain. I had 8 teeth removed 18 months ago and on spot still has a twinge of pain now and then -- but my dentist did do an xray there to make sure that there was no bone chips or other problems at the site, so get it checked and then if there is no problem I guess, like me you will have to accept that you really really really miss having real teeth...
Reply:It's possible. When I had several teeth removed, the Doc said if i had any pain that he could go back and do something to the remaining nerve endings. It could also be referred pain from the sinus cavity.



office supply

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net